Tuesday 10 July 2018

Sunset and thunderstorm

The thunder had been rumbling in the distance on and off throughout the afternoon and by 9 o'clock it looked like it was going to rain but I decided to go out for a quick walk to get some fresh air anyway. Once outside I realised that the sunset was absolutely spectacular. The sky was such a bright orange that it looked like there was a forest fire in the distance. I decided to try to take some photos even though the colours are difficult to capture and I chose a spot just above the railway line. I took a number of photos and videos and I share one here where you can see one of the beautiful modernist buildings on the Ronda de Carril. The sky behind it was purple and blue fading into the fiery reds and oranges which filled the rest of the sky. Seeing the lightning flashes with the sky this colour was just incredible. I stayed until the raindrops started to fall and then I ran home through the downpour with the lightning flashing overhead. What a magical, spectacular evening! 


No comments:

Post a Comment